• Analyze and interpret the customer requirements to determine feasibility of product proposal.
• Develop robust engineering solutions to defined enquiries, using a ‘right first time’ approach.
• Working direct with personnel, lead the generation and completion of Product Specifications (PS) & Product Requirement Documents (PRD) for new products & new applications, including the definition of product test plans and follow up of test results.
• Use of typical engineering development tools, including DFMEA, DFM/A, VA/VE techniques, DVP&R, SC&CC identification, etc to ensure robust product design.
• Generation of 3D models & 2D drawings, using Catia V5.
• Perform engineering calculations and simulations as required in order to achieve robust product designs.
• Working within a Cross Functional Team, co-ordinate the completion of all engineering deliverables identified by the Project Manager / Team required in order to complete the project to Cost, Quality & Delivery expectations.
• Using existing technology, generate concept proposals to customer enquiries
• Execute all other reasonable duties as requested by the Engineering Manager.
• Stay up to date with state of the art engineering tools
Areas of Responsibility
• Completion of development engineering tasks as identified in Product Development processes (KBD-NPI & PIP).
• Lead the development of new products
• Insure completion of design documents and properly file into appropriate project folders.
• Co-ordinate and manage the manufacture of sample parts with the production plant, including procurement of Tier II manufactured components.