Employee Type: Direct Hire
Experience: Corporate Accounting
Location: Houston, TX 77028
Job Title: Senior Accountant
THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT performs complex accounting functions
including fiscal interpretation and analysis requiring full
professional competency. Position will assist in completing
the financial closing process and issue monthly and year-end
financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles. The Senior Accountant will support the
financial reporting, business planning, budgeting processes,
business process improvements, internal control reviews and
perform key business analyses and metrics monitoring
throughout the Company’s financial and operational
Responsibilities for Senior Accountant
• Review and Approve general ledger transactions and
Reconciliations performed by Finance Department staff.
• Perform general ledger transactions and
reconciliations for respective assigned accounts.
• Train and lead accountants on a daily basis providing
guidance and support.
• Manage and document chart of accounts changes,
additions, subtractions and adjustments.
• Leading monthly financial closing and preparation of
financial statements and supporting schedules (7 days)
• Lead the monthly Variation Analysis and Expense
Analysis performed by the Finance Department.
• Assist in the development of financial analyses
including profitability by location, truck or department.
• Prepare bank compliance and reporting packages (FCCR
and covenant calculations)
• Serve as key contact for the Company’s annual
financial audit as well as bank examinations, Workers
Compensation Audits, Asset Appraisals and Sales & Use Tax
Audits. Provide support to the external auditors as requested
including assisting with the preparation of the Company’s
annual audit schedules.
• Assist the Director of Accounting & Financial
Reporting with the Budgeting, Planning and Projections
• Support the Corporate Controller & Treasurer and
Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting with
Operational and Financial projects and objectives.
• Enhance efficiency within the Finance Departments
utilizing automation and process improvements.
• Support / establish department training programs to
continuously improve the Finance Department skillset.
Qualifications for Senior Accountant
• CPA with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 4 to 6 years of corporate accounting experience; prior
experience with an audit firm preferred
• SAP experience required
• Highly proficient in advanced MS Excel (pivot tables /
vlookup) and Word
Compensation & Benefits for Senior Accountant
• Salary : $75k - $85k
• Benefits : Full time, permanent employees are eligible for:
o Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time off
o Medical, dental, and vision insurance
o Short and Long Term Disability
o Life Insurance
o 401(k) retirement plans
Position Type for Senior Accountant
If you have questions concerning this position, please contact Rachael Hooker.
Thank you for choosing Burnett Specialists. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Meet your Recruiter
Company Name: Burnett Specialists